Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What I Have Learned About Myself

One of the things I have learned is that I am able to relate to many of the examples and the things talked about in class to my own personal volunteer experience in the classroom. I know that I have a lot to learn, but because I have years of volunteer experience, I have an upper hand in relating what I have observed to what is being learnt within the classroom. I have also learnt that I have a high self-efficacy in that I try to achieve to the best of my ability, and take on a lot being I know I have been successful in the past. This has become even more true in this program because of the large amount of work I have completed in the first month of school.

The professors at Concordia do an excellent job in presenting material to the class. The way they make the learning interactive is what makes it most interesting to me. I have benefited from group discussion and find that, with the right people, I am able to clarify my understanding of concepts. Although I find group discussion useful, I also like try to understand things on my own, and through the use of lectures, I am able to do that as well. I hope that as a teacher I will be able to make fun, interesting, and interactive. I am able to visualize how I see myself as a teacher through observing my professors teaching styles. And from this, I know I am on the right track.

No comments: